Turkey as an Exporting CountryAugust 18, 2021
USA Delivered First Batch of 50 Armored Vehicles to LithuaniaAugust 26, 2021
The statement on the subject came from the Ministry of National Defense:
- The Turkish Armed Forces has been serving in Afghanistan since 2002 to contribute to the peace, tranquility and stability of the Afghan people, with whom we have historical and cultural ties, within the scope of UN, NATO and bilateral agreements.
- Following the USA and NATO’s announcement that they will leave Afghanistan, Turkey has shown its intentions by stating that “Turkey will continue to stand by them as long as the Afghan people want it”, and in case of certain conditions, it can maintain its responsibility to operate the International Hamid Karzai International Airport safely and at international standards, as it has done for 6 years.
- In this context, the chaos at Hamid Karzai Airport was intervened together with the soldiers of other countries, and the activities were carried out by providing security at the airport. In this process, 1129 civilian citizens were evacuated with our military aircraft.
- Various contacts, current situation and conditions were evaluated and the evacuation of TAF elements has started.
- The Turkish Armed Forces is returning to our homeland with the pride of successfully fulfilling this task entrusted to them.
It is announced to the public with respect.